How to contact your broadband provider
If you need to contact your broadband service provider to inquire about switching, complain about a problem, or upgrade or downgrade your services, there are several ways you can do it.
Since most broadband providers are still affected by the restrictions put in place during the COVID-19 pandemic, it should be noted that calling your provider on the phone is probably not the most efficient way to get in touch. Like most businesses, internet service providers have had to limit the number of employees in their offices and call centers, which means it can take a long time for someone to answer your question. call.
If you can avoid it, it is better to use another method to contact your broadband provider.
How to contact BT
BT is one of the most popular broadband providers in the UK and is consistently rated among the best for quality of service. However, BT is known to have confusing terms and conditions in its contracts, with a number of add-on services such as BT TV and BT Sport having different terms and conditions from its broadband and TV services.
You can find a step by step process to get in touch with the appropriate department within BT on their website.
If you need help with your bill or any of your services, here’s how you can contact BT:
Call: BT’s customer support line can be reached on 0800 800 150. It is open Monday to Friday 8 am-10pm or weekends 8 am-8pm. Those wishing to cancel their broadband connection can call BT from the UK on 0800 783 1401. BT mobile customers can dial 150 from their device.
To post: BT Correspondence Center, Providence Row, Durham, DH98 1BT
E-mail: You can fill out BT’s contact form and submit your complaint. BT aims to respond to emails within 24 hours.
Live Chat: BT support is available through live chat, but opening hours vary by department.
Online: You can contact BT through a form on their website. You can also ask a question through the BT Community Forum.
Twitter: The @BTCare Twitter account is very responsive to complaints from the public on social media.
Discover the latest BT broadband offers.
How to contact Sky
Sky is one of the UK’s largest broadband providers and by far its most popular digital TV provider. When it comes to adding services to your subscription or checking your bills and payments, most of these can be done online from your Sky account.
However, if you want to cancel your subscription to any of Sky’s services, or make a complaint or request, you can contact Sky in several ways:
- Call: Sky’s complaints line is 03337590956. Calls to this number are free for Sky Mobile and Sky Talk customers; however, charges may apply if you call from another provider. Other broadband requests can be made by calling 0333 7591 018.
- To post: Customer Complaints, Sky Subscribers Services Ltd, PO Box 43, Livingston, West Lothian, EH54 7DD
- Live Chat on Sky: You can reach Sky Experts on their live chat for free between 8:30 a.m. and 8 p.m., seven days a week (more details below)
- Twitter: The @SkyHelpTeam account is available from 8 a.m. to 10 p.m. on weekdays and from 9 a.m. to 9 p.m. on weekends.
Discover the latest Sky broadband offers.
Sky Live Chat
You can contact Sky through the My Sky app, which includes a live chat customer support feature. The app was launched in 2017 to allow users to manage their subscriptions “faster and easier than ever”.
Main features of My Sky include the ability to view and manage TV, broadband, phone and mobile services, check and pay bills, change payment details, and monitor speed and usage broadband.
Users can also check the status of their service and find out how to configure and repair Sky products and services.
Hello 😊 SkyHelpTeam accompanies you until 11 p.m.
Do you know our My Sky app? It’s the fastest way to manage your account, and most importantly, it’s the home of Sky VIP too! Visit our website for more info https://t.co/kEvaN1RShV
– Sky Help Team (@SkyHelpTeam) September 29, 2020
In the MySky app, you can speak with a Sky specialist through their messaging service which offers real-time interactions and should hopefully see any service issues resolved much faster.
How to contact Virgin Media
Virgin Media has some of the fastest broadband speeds in the UK and has consistently been named the ‘fastest broadband provider’ in the UK. Uswitch Broadband & Mobile Awards 2020. That doesn’t mean things never go wrong. If you need to contact Virgin Media to report an outage or change your subscription plan, there are several ways to contact us:
- Call: 0345 454 1111, Virgin Media landlines can call via 150.
Monday to Friday 8 a.m. to 9 p.m. Saturday lines are open from 8 a.m. to 9 p.m., while Sunday lines are from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. For the hearing impaired, Virgin offers an SMS response service. According to the website, you can access it by calling 18001 0800 052 2164 or downloading the Reply UK app.
A video response service is also at your disposal. This allows you to speak with Virgin through a witty sign language interpreter. According to Virgin, this service operates seven days a week, from 8 a.m. to 12 p.m.
- To post: Virgin Media, Sunderland, SR43 4AA
- Virgin Media Community contains lots of useful information as well as a forum to ask questions about your setup and access.
- Solve a problem can help answer support questions
- Online form: You can fill out a complaint form on the Virgin Media website
- Twitter: @VirginMedia if all else fails, tweet Virgin Media directly for help.
Discover the latest Virgin Media broadband offers.
How to contact TalkTalk
TalkTalk is known for its great prices and competitive broadband offerings, and was named “Most Popular Broadband Provider” at the 2020 Uswitch Broadband & Mobile Awards.
If you have questions about your subscription or bills or anything related to your contract, there are several ways to contact TalkTalk directly:
- Call: TalkTalk’s customer support line can be reached on 0345 172 0088.
- Live Chat: If you are unable to resolve your query online at talktalk.co.uk/help, you can contact the TalkTalk support team in their live chat, which is open seven days a week.
- TalkTalk community: A forum for TalkTalk customers to ask questions and seek advice from professionals and other customers.
- Twitter: The @TalkTalk Twitter account is active almost every day until 10 p.m.
Discover the latest TalkTalk broadband offers.
How to contact Plusnet
Plusnet is a provider that combines great pricing with great customer service, so if you need to contact them directly for any reason you should have a fantastic customer experience. Here’s how to contact Plusnet directly:
- Call: Plusnet’s customer service contact number is 08004320200 from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m.
You can also dial 500 from your Plusnet Mobile. Calls to this number are free.
- Online Chat: You can reach the Plusnet customer service team on their live chat a function. You will be asked a series of questions before registering in order to direct you to the right service for your request.
- Twitter: If the online chat feature is not available, you can contact Plusnet via Twitter.
Discover the latest Plusnet broadband offers.
How to contact Vodafone
Despite being a relatively new broadband provider, Vodafone is quickly making a name for itself as a broadband and mobile phone provider. With something unbelievably cheap broadband deals, which are even cheaper for Vodafone’s mobile customers, Vodafone is certainly a promising provider to consider.
If you want to switch to Vodafone or have any questions, here’s how to contact Vodafone directly:
- Call: 03333040191. Vodafone mobile phone users can dial 191.
- To post: Head of Client Relations, Vodafone Limited, The Connection, Newbury, Berkshire, RG14 2FN
Discover the latest Vodafone broadband offers.