Médecins du Monde Belgium (MdM BE) is an international medical development NGO and part of an international network. We provide medical assistance to vulnerable groups in Belgium and around the world.
We aim for universal health coverage where everyone has access to health care, without barriers (financial, cultural, geographical, etc.).
In Belgium and around the world, our projects are aimed at all people who do not have or no longer have access to healthcare. They revolve around five areas in particular: people on the margins of society (homeless people, undocumented migrants, drug addicts, sex workers, etc.); children in vulnerable situations; women (accompanied in their fight for equality or against sexual violence, for example); migrants or displaced persons; and victims of crises or conflicts.
To carry out our mission, we rely on three pillars:
- Care: offer real access to healthcare for the population.
- Accompaniement: more than helping, we want to make a difference in the long term.
- Witness: we are not silent. Thanks to our experience and our presence in the field, we challenge the authorities (local, regional and (inter)national) with facts, figures and realities.
Our projects follow a set of values common to our entire organization: Social Justice, Empowerment, Independence, Commitment, Balance.
MdM BE recently carried out a fact-finding mission in the neighboring countries of Ukraine to assess the needs of people displaced by the conflict. MdM-BE starts its activities in Slovakia and Hungary support refugees for better access to health care with a focus on mental health and psychosocial support.
OBJECTIVES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
In accordance with the mission statement and objectives of MdM BE, the financial and administrative manager is in charge of the financial, administrative (logistics and HR) aspects of the project in order to ensure the implementation of the project through the effective use of resources in Slovakia. The position acts in close collaboration with the other members of the management team to support the development of MdM BE’s presence in Slovakia.
Under the supervision of the Project Coordinator, as Finance and Administrative Manager, you will be responsible for coordinating the HR, logistics and finance mission of MdM Belgium in Slovakia and Hungary. As such, you will be responsible for setting up HR processes, financial monitoring and the logistical organization of the mission.
HR administrative management:
- Anticipate HR needs with the project coordinator;
- Recruit national employees, collect and analyze labor regulations and national labor law requirements
- Monitoring of HR processes. (Contracts, insurance, etc.)
- Ensure timely and accurate data entries in cash book, bank book and SAGA in accordance with MdM procedure
- Manage safes and cash: available amount, balance control, security instructions
- Manage the presentation, circulation, filing of supporting documents and archiving of accounting and financial documents
- Before the commitment/payment of any expenditure, check the authorization levels, the availability of the budget, the budget line on which the expenditure must be allocated, ensuring full compliance with the
- Validate the accuracy and compliance of partner accounting and documentation prior to payment.
- Define the logistical needs of the mission and ensure the implementation
- Lead the organization of the logistics set-up of the mission in all aspects: purchasing, assets (including IT and communication), inventory and fleet management (+ archiving), facilities management (working and life)
- Implements all MdM-Be logistics policies, procedures and monitoring tools (reports, supply plan)
- Ensure fast, cost-effective, efficient and transparent management of all logistics aspects (procurement, management of assets, inventory and fleet of the project.
This list of activities is not exhaustive and may change depending on the situation.
The position is located in Slovakia/Hungary but the candidate must be prepared to travel frequently.
This mandate is due to possible changes as the mission develops
The financial and administrative manager must respect a code of ethics by adhering to the principles of confidentiality and impartiality; as well as the MdM BE Values Charter.
PREREQUISITES – International profile
Qualifications and experience:
- Strong experience in humanitarian NGO in Logistics, HR and/or Finance
- Experience in opening a project/assignment
- Strong interest in the areas of intervention of the project and interest in human rights, in particular the right to health;
- Minimum 5 years of experience in a project coordination function in an international NGO, ideally in the field of health;
Skills/languages and other abilities:
- Ability to effectively manage multiple tasks without compromising quality, team spirit and positive working relationships
- Strong leadership and ability to work directly or remotely with team members or partners;
- Skills in organizational, strategic and operational planning, listening skills, team spirit, responsiveness, anticipation, initiative;
- Ability to work independently and work under pressure in a complex and volatile environment;
- Fluency in written and spoken English. Knowledge of French or the local language an asset.
- Experience in the use of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc.).
- A category “B” driving license is compulsory.
- Mobility and flexibility: Frequent trips to Slovakia and Hungary abroad if necessary.
- Effective and efficient communication with others, strong writing and analytical skills, diplomacy and institutional relationship management;
- Cultural, gender, religious, racial, national and age sensitivity and adaptability
WHAT WE OFFER – International profile
- International contract;
- Exciting work in a dynamic environment, within a team of professionals.
- Work Location: Primary location in Hungary with frequent travel to Slovakia
- A full-time contract.
- Duration: 1 month (extendable)
- Start date: as soon as possible
- Salary: a gross salary of 3042.9€ for 5 years of experience; a gross salary of €3,170.9 for 10 years of experience; per diem included in the gross salary. Recognized relevant experience.
- A set of benefits (insurance, housing allowance, etc.).
How to register
Please send your application (CV and cover letter) via the appropriate form. MdM BE thanks you for your interest in our association and wishes you every success in your journey.
MdM-BE reserves the right to finalize a recruitment before the deadline for receipt of applications. We respond to all candidates.
MdM-Be does not ask for any financial contribution as part of the recruitment procedure.
Médecins du Monde is committed to people with disabilities and fights against all forms of discrimination.
We inform you that the data concerning you is computerized; they will be treated confidentially.
As part of this application, your data is kept for a period of 6 months.
Only persons authorized by our General Confidentiality Charter will be able to access your data for strictly internal purposes.