10 reasons to try online dating
If you’ve been reluctant to try online meet because you like to do it the old fashioned way or are afraid of internet predators, it’s time to put your hold-ups on hold and get down to business. Once you get started, you might be pleasantly surprised by the options available for your online appointments, not to mention the large number of people looking for love. So go ahead, log in, and start searching for “the right one”. Here are some reasons to try it.
1. No obligation. Since you can be more or less anonymous about your online identity (you don’t have to post photos or even use your real name in some cases), there is no guilt if you end up by not liking the person you are chatting with or holding them up for a date.
2. Larger swimming pool. Think about how many chances you have to socialize on any given day. You might have potential buddies in your office, you’re a club member, or hang out at the bar on the weekends. But you’re probably considering a limited dating pool. If you want to widen your circle, there are millions of potential matches online.
3. Search options. Most sites have a variety of search options to help you find what you’re looking for, from location to age, occupation, physical appearance (and many more). The real-world equivalent would include anyone carrying a sign with relevant information around their neck.
4. Specialized sites. If you love the green life, there is a dating site for that. Do you have a fetish? You can find other people who want to participate. Whatever niche you are looking for, there is probably a specialist dating site dedicated to it.
5. Compatibility matches. If you’ve seen the eHarmony ads, you know that most high-end products dating website offer to put you in touch with a potential partner on the basis of compatibility tests. In short, you don’t even have to search.
6. Background checks. Some sites even offer to do background checks on anyone who signs up with them to make sure you don’t end up with some sort of psychopath or convicted felon.
7. New experience. It’s always good to take risks and try something new. A little adventure in life couldn’t hurt, and as a date it could be even safer than meeting a random stranger in a bar.
8. Get to know someone before you meet. Most real-world dating has one of two premises: you meet someone and you are physically attracted to them, or you set up a blind date. Neither is ideal for finding a good romantic partner. At least online, you’ll know you have something in common before you have that first date.
9. Dictate your terms. You have standards. There is nothing wrong with it. If the person you’re chatting with is unemployed, homeless, or completely humorless, you don’t have to waste time and money over dinner. Just looking for someone else.
10. Meet someone new! The real reason for any kind of dating is to meet someone new, and online dating is no different. Plus, it allows you to present multiple candidates at once and predetermine the best possible match through careful consideration of a number of factors. With so many benefits out there, there really is no reason not to jump online and find your true love!